Most people feel stressed sometimes and some people find stress helpful or event motivating. But if stress is affecting your life, there are things you can try that may help.
If you are stressed, you may:
- feel overwhelmed
- have racing thoughts or difficulty concentrating
- be irritable
- feel constantly worried, anxious or scared
- feel a lack of self-confidence
- have trouble sleeping or feel tired all the time
- avoid things or people you are having problems with
- be eating more or less than usual
- drink or smoke more than usual
Watch the video below for some top tips to help you deal with stress and burnout.
If stress is affecting your daily life or causing you distress, call NHS 111, talk to your GP or refer yourself to our local talking therapies (IAPT) service.
If you cannot wait to see a doctor and feel unable to cope or keep yourself safe, it’s important to get support – services are still open during the coronavirus outbreak.