It is really important to look after your sexual health, whether it is about sexually transmitted infection (STIs) or understanding what kinds of contraception is available to you, to keep you safe and healthy.
Thurrock Sexual Health Service
Provide working with a number of specialist organisations including Terrence Higgins Trust, Brook and Healthy Living Partnership deliver the service to the residents of Thurrock.
Thurrock Sexual Health Service offer a range of sexual health services from their clinics and a number of retail pharmacies across the county.
You do not need a referral from your GP or any other healthcare professional to access the service.
What services are available?
There are a number of services available, including:
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs) online and in our clinics
- Treat for STIs and STDs
- HIV Testing
- eC-Card Scheme (free condoms for young people).
- Chlamydia screening
- Pregnancy tests
- Most forms of contraception
- Emergency contraception/morning-after pill
- Deep implant removal
- General sex advice, counselling and support
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccinations, and HPV vaccination for men who have sex with men where indicated
How do I access the service?
The service runs an appointment only system to ensure people see the most appropriate person for their needs without a significant wait.
Appointments can be booked by calling the service intelligence centre on 0300 303 9970.
The intelligence centre is open Monday to Friday – 8 am to 8 pm (Closed bank holidays) and Saturday – 8 am to 1 pm.